Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Gamut - Minstral

So my solo works are done, posted, listened to and finished. Hope you all enjoyed them. So now we go on a time trip ... right back to the mid to late 80's and the first band I was ever in. Gamut was an instrumental  prog rock band  in which I played guitar (rhythm and lead) and co wrote a lot of the music with the keyboard player. It was the love of my life. I breathed it, ate it and loved it. I am the only one with all the original recordings and recently managed to digitise them from cassette tapes and upload them all for safe keeping. The band lasted from 1985 to 1989 and I was devastated when it came to an end. The members were as follows : Pat Gordon - Keyboards, Rick Willis - Bass, Russell Haynes - Drums and myself  Justin Hill on Guitar. And so we begin with track #1 which is titled "Minstral"