Sunday, 18 November 2012

Music From A Darkened Bedroom - "Far From Here"

Ah 'tis music time once again folks. Track #9 is a curious track titles "Far From Here". The reason this track was created is still very clear in my mind. The year was 1999 and I had just returned to England after spending three months in Thailand. I'd never been that far from home before but the culture shock wasn't from being out there...it was from coming back! My heart was heavy and my mind was full of sights, sounds and smells of a Kingdom so very far away. I'd been fascinated by their traditional musical instruments and music and wanted to try and create something that reflected that feel. This track was the result. It's nothing like the traditional music they create out there but it does conjure up and recreate the sense of wonder that I felt whilst I was out there. Little did I know at the time but I was to return to the Kingdom time and time and time again.