Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Music From A Darkened Bedroom - "Nocturne"

And so we near the end of the solo work posts with just a few left to go. Today it's time for track #12 to take to the stage and shine. "Nocturne" is a moody and dark piece of music, I wanted it to be evocative of night and drama. As I was wring it I had thoughts of Vampires and ghouls running around in my head, misty moors and ruined Abbey's. You get the sort of thing  I was aiming at I'm sure. When it was finished I played it back and much to my surprise had the old "Hammer House Of Horror" movies stuck in my mind so I suppose I must have been doing something right when composing it and putting it together! So lock your windows and bolt your doors, pull up a seat by the roaring log fire whilst keeping the holy water and garlic nearby and listen to "Nocurne"...