Thursday, 22 November 2012

Music From A Darkened Bedroom - "Solitude"

With just a few tunes left to go we get to "Solitude" which is #13 of my solo works. I like playing about with Pseudo classical ideas and pieces, it amuses me. I like the complexity of it all to the listener and the simplicity of it all from a composers point of view. There's a lot of repetition used in classical music, they call them "themes" but it's basically a tune or phrase that's then repeated but using different instruments whilst other things go on n the background or foreground making the listener think they are hearing something new. It's an old trick and a very effective one and I like playing with it lots. "Solitude" starts of with some simple chords and they don't change throughout the entire piece...beginning to end it's the same thing. Marvelous.