Sunday, 11 November 2012

Music From A Darkened Bedroom - "Orchestration"

So yesterday I kicked off a new blog post by sharing with you all track one of my solo works. So that means today you get to hear, play, ignore track two of the sixteen I have lined up for 'broadcast'. This track is a little different and was at the time an extremely ambitious thing to try and write. As with track one the entire piece was composed, performed and recorded on the Korg X3 sequencing keyboard. I love all music and was fascinated by classical music for many years. I wondered if I could write something along those lines and  was stupid enough to try without giving it a second thought. If I remember correctly it took about two weeks to put together (tweaking here and there along the way), it was written around 1996 / 1997 and the track is 05:34 in length.