Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Vibrant Start, Moody Aisle and an Arm

"Sunrise for Tanyamei" :- Captured early morning on January 2nd 2013. I'd had a most awful and restless night and woke up very early, thoughts of my daughter were rushing around in my head and bouncing off each other. Before I knew what i was doing I'd got dressed, grabbed my camera and went for an unusually early walk, it was cold so I didn't venture too far from home. As I got to the top of the hill I was met by one of the most vibrant and stunning sunrises I have ever seen. So I grabbed a few shots and then made my way back. So this shot is titled "Sunrise for Tanyamei" for my daughter who is now ok, I have no idea what happened but having been told she had passed away I am overjoyed to tell you all she is most definitely alive and well as I have spoken to her a few times over the phone. Her Thai nickname is "Kaem" ... her real name is "Tanyamei".



"Guiding Light" :- This is the interior of St Margaret's Church in the ancient village of Rottingdean on the south coast of England. I'd been wandering around in silence as the place was deserted, had stood up near the altar whilst deep in thought. When I turned around I saw the light flooding in through the entrance and though it would make quite a powerful shot. I had it in mind as I captured the image that I was going to process it as a black and white. I love it when a plan comes together.



"Out on a Limb" :- A cold and chilly shot on the Eastern arm of Brighton's huge and famous Marina. It was mid afternoon and the sun was already beginning to dip in the winter sky. The temperature was dropping fast. I liked the colors, lines and feel of the scene so took a chance and shot directly into the light...it worked just fine.



All Photography © Justin Hill