Monday, 15 April 2013

Pier Reflections, Minimal Coast and Tunbridge Street

"Silver Seats" :- A morning shot on Brighton's Victorian Pier. The sunlight was bouncing around nicely and reflecting off the white panels and boards. It was only when I got back home and was processing the shot that I realised I'd caught my own reflection in one of the windows!



"Distant Pier" :- An unusual image of the pier from Brighton beach on the south coast of England. I was lucky that nobody was on the beach for this shot. It was captured on the far eastern end of the beach near Brighton Marina. I was tempted to process the image in color but after seeing it in black and white I decided to keep it that way as the strong lines seem to work better in monochrome.



"Warwick Road" :- This is a shot looking up Warwick Road which runs off the High St in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. The capture was an afterthought, I was walking down High Street on my way to "The Pantiles" when I caught a glimpse of this road (peripheral vision is a wonderful thing) so I stopped and went back for a look. I liked the 1700's look of it and the play of light as t bounced off the buildings.



All Photography © Justin Hill