Monday, 8 April 2013

Village Pond, Duke's Passage and Visible Destruction

"Picture Perfect" :- This is a shot of the village pond in Rottingdean on the south coast of England. I used to visit the village when I was a youngster and feed the ducks on this pond. The place holds some wonderful childhood memories for me.



"Overhead Walkway" :- A narrow alleyway called Duke's Passage leads off of Duke's Street in Brighton and provides access to "The Intensive School Of English". It is a British Council accredited Language School and a University of Cambridge approved Teacher Training Centre. It's not exactly the most glamorous of entrances that I have seen but the the metal gantry above is what caught my eye and made me take the shot!



"Corrosion" :- Something a little different from me as it's not an image of Brighton, a sweeping landscape or beach scene. This is a macro shot of our old garden roller that sits in our back garden enduring the seasons and all weathers year in and year out. I am fascinated by rust and other forms of corrosion, they are like visible diseases as you can watch them slowly spreading out and taking control weakening all that's around.



All Photography © Justin Hill