Monday, 2 December 2013

Fire & Water, Nature's Way and Beneath the Yacht Club

"Fire & Water" :- "Move along...there's nothing to see here!". That's what I was thinking as I was taking this shot. A horizon completely free from buildings, mountains or any other scenery you can think of. A wide expanse of water known as the English Channel. Wet sand exposed by a very low tide and nobody around to photobomb a thing! Blank, empty shot but for the sunset and the incredible mirrored effect as the light bounced off the glistening sand. The image was taken out on Hove beach as I was wandering back along the shoreline towards Brighton a few weeks ago. The simplest things are always the best.



"Nature's Way" :- Beacon Hill is a nature reserve that's situated between the villages of Ovingdean and Rottingdean on the south coast of England. It's also a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk from my front door so I often find myself wandering over there on my way down to the sea. It's refreshing to find yourself somewhere where you can hear the birds, feel the breeze and smell the fresh air. We forget how much we are missing when we are surrounded by our towns and cities. Do yourself a favour and find a day where you can escape it all and let your senses roam and run free instead of being bombarded and overrun.



"Beneath the Yacht Club" :- Not the sort of shot I was expecting to take as I wandered around Brighton's vast Marina. I'd done the "boats reflecting in water" thing many times along with the huge protective arms / walls of the Marina itself and was on the hunt for something different. I let my nose and my camera lead the way as I aimlessly weaved my way around the place. I eventually found myself up by the Yacht Club and noticed that the doors were open on the storage area underneath. A door was open at the far end which created a moody light throughout.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill