Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Shade Provider, Arches, Windows & Door and Somewhere Inbetween

Shade Provider :- One of those "just so" moments where everything fell into place and all I had to do was point and click. I'd spent much of the afternoon wandering around and taking in the delights of the magnificent Painshill Park in Cobham, Surrey. The park is a restored 18th century landscaped garden with many follies, a grotto and a waterwheel. It's also full of wide open spacesand pathways that lead you off in all directions. I'd taken one of the pathways near the back of the park and found myself up the top of a hill and in a large grassy area full of trees. As I rounded a corner this was the view full of light, colours and shadows that presented itself to me.



Arches, Windows & Door :- I was fascinated by this scene and structure. 75% of it looks ruined and abandoned but then there's glass and a curtain up in the bottom window with a perfectly good looking wooden door to the right. Intriguing. This is a section of the 14th Century medieval, moated manor house that is Old Scotney Castle by the River Bewl near Lamberhurst in Kent. The entire estate is an impressive 770 acres but the main house and castle are relatively near to each other and in a welll maintained and beautifully landscaped garden. Scotney Castle is now owned, looked after, run and maintained by the National Trust. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/scotney-castle/



Somewhere Inbetween :- Back in July 2012 we found ourselves in a most glorious heatwave here on the Sussex Coast. Day trippers and tourists were coming in my the car and bus load and even the locals were making the most of it and walking about with smiles on their faces. I am lucky in that where I live I have the best of both worlds. The City of Brighton is but a 10 minute drive or 60 minute walk away but I also have the quieter beaches situated at Ovingdean, Rottingdean and Saltdean to play with. These beaches sit at the bottom of a very long and ancient cliff face that has a 1930's walkway built at its base. For this shot and image i stood at the top of one of the flights of steps that carry you donw onto the beach and tried to get a feeling of the entire landscape, area and levels. In the distance to you can see the hazy blue silhouette of Brighton.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill