Sunday, 4 October 2015

James I Doorway, Buckfast Tower and Going Under

James I Doorway :- This ornate and fancy looking doorway is in the Grade I listed King's Manor which is part of the University of York in the City of York, Yorkshire. It's incredible to think that Henry VIII, Charles I and James I all stayed here at some point. If you take a closer look at the elaborate stone surround of the doorway you'll notice very clearly on the bottom right the initials IR. Those IR initials are for James I.



Buckfast Tower :- An Abbey has stood on this site since 1018 but the building you see here in this image was built between 1907 and 1938. Buckfast Abbey is in Buckfast, near Buckfastleigh in Devon, England and is part of an active Benedictine monastery. The monastery is most famous for its Buckfast Tonic Wine which is a fortified wine with caffeine.



Going Under :- I find this image has a drowsy and slumbering feel to it. It makes your eye lids heavy and seems to induce sleep. The stunning sky and low sun was caught on the beach during low tide at Ovingdean Gap to the east of Brighton on the south coast of England.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill